Friday 12 May 2017

Just walking the dog

I give thanks for my third lunch out in a row, my third afternoon's gentle exercise and convivial conversation with a friend. For having three available friends to achieve this with!

I give thanks to Jared for coming to take me out in his rather sumptuous Jag, and bringing his lovely young dog for me to meet. For one of our umplanned adventures, including a few wrong turnings after plans had been made and thus taking in some glorious late spring hedgerows, a sloping meadow thick with bluebells and a ferry neither of us had been on before...plus a loo just where we were paused in the queue to get on!

For seeing some good in some choices we probably wouldn't make again...like the clouds of wild garlic clustering around the base of the trees when we went for a bit of a walk. For the rain not raining on us too much. For having a phone to take a snap - soft focus wasn't deliberate but probably best all things considered...


I give thanks for getting my weekend shopping done so I don't have to be energetic or sociable for a couple of days but can have some rest instead (if I feel the need and don't get any better offers!) For a cab on the rank just when I needed to come home. For leftovers in the fridge and catch up on TV...I am a tad tired this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics