Tuesday 9 May 2017

Softwear

I give thanks for watching the moon grow brighter as the light faded from the sky yesterday evening. For the post acupuncture glow making me appreciate it all the more...

For getting plumper (me, not the moon!) so that I could try on my cozzies and ascertain I stretch the fabric enough to get out of the water wearing them as well as getting in. It was funny looking at my legs... I mean they're perfectly nice legs but two distinct sizes now, the difference caused by stroke damage exacerbated by only standing with my weight on one for the months when the sciatica was at its worst.


I give thanks for trying on some 'one size' dresses I'd seen in town the last week and finding the one in the print I thought suited me best also seemed the slightly smaller of the three, as 'plumper' is a relative term. I give thanks for 'treating myself' as people say, that there's room for more cake (and/or a layer underneath)...and for happy imagining of warmer climes or times...

I give thanks for getting the outdoor chores done quicker than I might have done as meanwhile the main part of the day was very nippy, and I'd left my scarf behind. For hearing other people remark on the chill so I knew it wasn't just me being a softy... For the sun coming out later, even if too late for me. For warming dhal for an early tea...

For getting my indoor tasks done more slowly than I might have done as I'm having a bad time with joint and muscle pain...but getting them done nonetheless, with lots of recuperative breaks in between. And for getting my blog written as typing has been particularly uncomfortable and inaccurate today. I give thanks for the folk who still read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics