Saturday 20 May 2017

First class post

I give thanks for being quite pleased with some of my post collected yesterday (though the vacuum packed bikini puzzled me when I felt the flat but crinkly hard packet )...and I give thanks for being very pleased with the rest of it, including two second hand tops bartered for on ebay that were nicer than I imagined, plus a letter confirming a hospital appointment rearranged for more than two months ahead. I'd called to cancel the one a few weeks away as I might (fingers very crossed) have the chance to be away myself, but when they'd asked was the next available date OK I'd said 'Fine by me as long as it's OK with the consultant' and they'd said they'd check. I know I'm very fortunate to be in this position, but so many years of having to turn up to see various people and explain I feel much better than they say I should does sometimes seem a tedious waste of my time as well as theirs...

I give thanks for eating far too much deli cake and curling up on the sofa with Jake (Gyllenhall in a movie on TV).

I give thanks for not having anything planned for today, and then getting stuck into a two day plan to reorganise the cupboard under the stairs for what really ought to be the last time til things get taken out forever...or, failing that, til when I need thermals and fur lined boots again. I give thanks for jolly good sorts...including Mima who offered to disrupt this scheme by taking me out this afternoon (and to the tip - woohoo!) and Colin who prescribed more cake and a nap before he comes round later. For thus happily shovelling all as yet unsorted parts back into the cupboard with those that have been done, going forth and tipping and shopping and sharing Costa treats.

I give thanks for finding just the neighbour I wanted to ask about another neighbour, finding out she wanted to ask me something herself and that he was OK. For a Higgedy pie waiting for my tea...and, because I do sometimes do what doctors say, maybe a little snooze on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics