Friday 5 May 2017

Buy and buy

I give thanks for underestimating myself last night.  I sent Jan off for a bath and made a perfectly acceptable meal of rice and veg and smoked tofu - even managing to toast pine nuts without burning them which is not easy even without mind altering sounds! I give thanks she seemed to enjoy the vegan trifle more than I did, but that was the point of making it after all...

I give thanks we've been enjoying the Christmas Sherlock which I saved in December to watch with Bob when we had our belated one in March (only we didn't!) so there were three evenings' entertainment waiting as Jan hadn't seen it either, with Bombay mix, and Bouja Bouja truffles for the munchies.

I give thanks for another outing today, a round trip taking in the 'old harbour' requested on the holiday itinerary, a vegan friendly cafe nearby, a couple of shops where I correctly surmised she would find some more things to buy and even a place where I could, with this week's limited budget and firm resolve, spend a few pounds on things I'd been keeping an eye out for for a while (a new purse as gloriously impractical turquoise leather which I might just start using before my nearly falling apart one does, a couple of cheap but pretty second hand brooches for brightening up secondhand collars of jackets and coats, and some utterly unecessary but irresistible butterfly buttons) Seeing as I have limited enthusiasm for shopping per se (but like new things as much as the next person) I give great thanks I have a curious ability to know precisely where to go for whatever it is one has convinced oneself one requires...and in this case especially as it was a small indoor market hall.

I give thanks for randomly catching a frequent but desperately held up bus that randomly connected with the very infrequent bus home. For it being just the right time to see the secret bluebell banks from the top deck. For fish and chips for tea and Jan making me a cuppa in the morning and as I sit typing this.  Oh and the pair of dancing blue butterflies I forgot from yesterday that the buttons reminded us of - so maybe they weren't unnecessary after all.


I give thanks it seems that Bob has found somewhere to move to...and that though there's no news in that area for me yet someone saw this place on the website and thought it might be mine from the particular decorative style though she'd never been inside...and said nice things about it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics