Wednesday 24 May 2017

Going with the love flow

I give thanks for seeing people share stories of kindness and compassion on social media, finding the light in the darkness. It's so easy to spread bad news and hate and as we never know if half of what we hear and read is true we might as well share wat seems to be good, you know! Particular thanks to articles who reported homeless people doing what they could to help the injured and dying with an explanation along the lines of 'Why not? We might not have anywhere to live but we still have hearts, we are still human beings!' Remember, even ones you think are the bad guys (and girls) have hearts in there somewhere...

I give thanks for my aches and pains being amenable to my first proper unchauffeured shopping trip, and for my extra sensory consumer perception meaning I just went to the places I would find what I was looking for instead of endless fruitless traipsing around, because I still don't have a lot of traipse to spare. For finding a big bright shopper/beach/overnight bag with pockets and less absorbancy than the one I've been using which could double as a towel it soaks up so much rain... It matches my shoes which amuses me greatly as my mother always said they should! For a lovely soft scarf in pretty colours to wrap around my neck when I'm out at night on a beach and it's not raining...or whatever!

I give thanks for the nearest bus stop no longer seeming an impossible distance away, and that by getting on at the that one I can let everyone else get off at the main stop and haul myself up those stairs to the tourist seat in the front. For the wonderful views of sparkling sea, tranquil estuary, plush green fields with little brown rabbits here and there. For wondering why the white van man pulled over on yellow lines by a busy junction and then realised almost under the bus wheels was another man with a smaller van he was struggling to push up the incline and the first one had stopped to help.

For great soul guitar busking on the street drowning out at least some of the moaners. For not living somewhere where everyone seems to moan though to be fair I might if I lived where they do! For Imee Ooi's soothing and uplifting music in my ears where possible. For the gorgeous gorgeous warm sunshine...and making it back to Mima's for tea and cake to enjoy some more of it with her and work out some plans for a least one night away. For a smoked haddock fishcake and salad waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics