Saturday 27 May 2017

Garden partly

Happy belated birthday to me! I give thanks for a much postponed but so worth waiting for treat from Rachel - a trip to favourite house and garden nestling in a combe above a rocky shore. I've been before and it never fails to amaze and delight, the house being not at all 'stately' but gracious and spacious and comfortable, and the 'gardens' largely landscaped ornamental shrubs and trees. I give for possibly the best smelling rose ever...spicy and sweet...bit like the lush curry I had for lunch, and the cake later wasn't half bad either. I give thanks Rachel enjoyed it too...it's so nice when you share something you love and it's appreciated isn't it?


I give thanks for strapping up my knees with Actipatches over night and them being pretty well behaved today, along with other joints and muscles that had a bit of a workout on the slopes. Worth it all for this though eh? I give thanks for patient and punctual bus drivers, and the funny and interesting young Czech woman I met waiting for one. So good not to be trapped in mindless small talk eh? For the heart surge of emotion I get at the beauty in the countryside and coastline round here, even when it hasn't been artfully arranged by horticultural architects. For a message from the estate agent saying someone would like to come and view on Tuesday. Breath will not be held, but fantasies of living in the place I saw yesterday will continue...

I give thanks I've a couple of rest days planned now...and some thoughtful French folk are putting on some tennis to entertain me...plus there'll be rich blokes will be driving too fast around a town centre tomorrow as well. Knitting, Higgedy pie and strawberries and cream... yep, sounds delightfully recuperative to me!


1 comment:

  1. Blimey caught up didn't realise so much time had lapsed so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics