Wednesday 17 May 2017

Fire and rain

I give thanks a flat I've had my eye on for a while is back on the market...not that I'm in a position to buy it yet but it's nice when you get the feeling the universe might be giving you a second chance. The universe is giving me a second chance to think about sciatic nerve paths, and I have to admit I'm not quite so grateful about that...but there'd been no improvement for taking it easier yesterday so I give thanks for feeling so fired up today I have to take (at least some) action anyway. Besides, the leak bucket needed emptying and some cross photos sending to people who are supposed to be getting the roof fixed. I give thanks no one has wanted to come and see my own flat today ... but for sending some ferocious mental pleas to powers that be beyond our ken to start some balls rolling please...

We all have some struggle and challenge in life I guess, and I give thanks for being brought up to know most people don't give a flying whatever about most other people's feelings. Yes, you can pay someone to sit in a room with you for fifty minutes and pretend but...nah! And here in stiff upper lip land we are taught to drink alcohol and take antidepressants to soften the blows but....nah to that as well! Oh well, I give thanks my own favourite therapies are really quite hard to come by these days or I'm sure I'd be tempted to overindulge...Today I really felt the need to play guitar but remembered I've only written one song so far suitable for my manual limitations so there's something else to overcome. We shall, you know, we shall...


I give thanks for the bright seed pods on the mimosa tree. For taking a bus ride in the rain to try on some shoes for when it's dry...and mercilessly hunting them down on the internet when neither he local shop nor many a website had a pair in the right size and colour. For forgetting my walkman and being reminded how essential it is to have one to survive travelling on public transport alone...

Oh...and when I'd nearly finished writing this, for getting a call from the estate agent to book a viewing in a couple of days. I give thanks for feeling the cosmos actually paid attention earlier on :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics