Thursday 11 May 2017

Warm, wet and flat

Warm and humid the weather sites said but it seemed pretty cold and wet to Mima and I...until we got into the heated indoor swimming pool! I give thanks for surviving the first couple of lengths when I hardly seemed to be moving forwards through the water at all. Rather scary to be so weak...not even amusing, as when I first tried to swim after my stroke and went round in circles. But I got the hang of it in the end...well as far as I ever can since my left hand became more of a sieve than a paddle. It takes a tremendous effort of will to keep my fingers closed... and, of course, a certain amount of social bravery with my er...accoutrements.

I keep meaning to give thanks for not having a massive parastomal hernia any more - what with everything else that went on the reason for last year's op kind of got overshadowed...but I really do prefer not to have it overshadowing my toes, and it made me more self conscious than the bit you might think would. Oh the vagaries of human vanity, eh?

I give thanks there's a cafe by the pool where we could have mushroom soup for lunch, as I've been flat out for most of the time since I've been back in it! Trying to regain one's strength can be pretty tiring...

I give thanks for fnding a seies of programmes called Abandoned Engineering on catch up, featuring a variety of derelict structures (each to their own I know!), and for making a good start on changing the bed linen and filling in the first set of conyeyancing forms before abandoning them for bubble and squeak and fried eggs with a bad TV movie. All this energy expenditure can make one pretty hungry too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics