Wednesday 3 May 2017

Owl ways something there

I'd been worrying Jan might not sleep through the deep rhythmic rumbles I could hear despite my earplugs last night, so I was grateful when I realised she was making them...in her sleep of course! I'd been worrying too I might be doing her an injustice, so I was even more grateful when I unplugged my ears to check (I wasn't)..and heard the calling owls I'd have missed otherwise.

I give thanks for having a friend to stay anyway...I don't have many but the ones I do have I do like a lot! And though it took me a while to get to sleep, I give thanks when I did the next thing I heard was a tap on my door with a cup of tea in the morning...And when I took my earplugs out, the one after that was the drummer! Heard him a few times lately and it always makes me smile...and the refuse lorry because it reminds me we are cared for, and the garden birds trilling to one another because they remind me there's other worlds going on beside us.


Last night I'd also worried about the distance we'd probably be walking today and not sure how I was going to do it... I'm still not sure, to be honest, and it was a battle at the end but I give thanks I did, and for all the well placed seats that helped me!  For visiting our lost gardens at last (quick aside to the Universe - I still long to visit the 'real' ones you know!), and managing to zoom past most of the blurry scratches on my camera lens for one shot at least. They are multiplying thick and fast which mystifies me as I am fairly careful with it, and I wondered today if they are actually caused by the way the lens cover opens and closes so I was kind of grateful to read on line they probably are but as mine is not new that's just tough. Oh well, it's been loads of fun while it lasted...

I give thanks for a vegan friendly local cafe providing ice cream for Jan in the sun yesterday, cake in cloud today...and pies on ice to bring home to cook for our tea. For leftovers of my broccoli and fake blue cheese soup to nourish and nurture us in the meantime...

For a trip there and back on the ferry, seeing the big dredger at work close up and the anglers doggedly trying to fish with it just a few feet away. For all the random chitchat and banter between strangers that makes the world go round round here... For losing an hour or two to snoozing when we got back. This holiday lark is quite tiring you know...to say nothing of thinking up bad puns day after day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics