Friday 19 May 2017

Wet paint

Well, I've been in a bit of a low mood the last couple of days so I'd decided not to expect too much from the first viewing of my flat...but the one thing I didn't expect was that it would be cancelled. So hmm...I guess I'm grateful I wasn't hoping for great things, and that I got up a bit earlier than I might have done and cleaned and tidied the place a lot more than I might have done even if it all turned out to be travail to no avail.

I felt a bit lost and at a loss after the estate agent called...um, so I give thanks I've plenty of practice at that. And that I couldn't sit about twiddling my thumbs as my hands are still pretty sore... I give thanks for getting a load of laundry done instead, that I wouldn't have wanted hanging around with people looking around the place...and for my washing machine obviously!

I give thanks for going out in the rain which I thought would suit my mood as there'd be less shiny happy people about (I want others to be having a better time than me, of course I do, but I don't always want to watch or listen!) I give thanks for being able to see waves spreading over the sand, not holidaymakers, for the Coastwatch second hand book box with its special plastic cover so you can see which 50p bargains you might like even in bad weather, and for shops and businesses being quiet and free of queues.

I give thanks for getting wet - I'd forgotten how exhilarating it can be! And that I'd worn a padded coat as a little bit cold is good too, but any colder would not have been fun. That after this morning's disappointment it reminded me to give thanks for the privilege of a home to go to to appreciate this as a luxury...and for not having the luxury of a car or I probably wouldn't get it! I give thanks when I went out in the much less torrential rain a couple of days ago I managed to take a photo of this very weathered bus stop seat I'm continuingly grateful is not renovated as I see such beauty in its ever increasing decrepitude. Biased much? Yeah, probably!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics