Saturday 24 January 2015

Bollards

The pain it paineth every day, and often most of the night as well. I give thanks for the times when it hurts the most as this is when there's the most to be learnt about equanimity, but I also give thanks for the times when it doesn't as I've clearly still a lot to learn and find functioning so much easier when my hands and neck and knees are too, especially when I want to take them out into the big wide world and clothes and doorknobs and toiletries ferociously fight me.

I give thanks for making the trek to my mindfulness class regardless as that's what it's all about. I give thanks for the sight of all the folk who seemed to be having fun in the sun, with dogs and bikes and company, for the couples walking hand in hand home at the end of the day and the bride in the be-ribboned split screen caravanette. I give thanks for Phat Bollard busking brilliantly and putting a spring in my step and a smile in my heart for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics