Monday 12 January 2015

Altering images

I give thanks for Albert Nobbs... and Hubert Page!

I give thanks for the DPD driver calling me to say he was outside so that I could pop down and get my parcel. I give thanks for a sale on at an on line art materials shop so I could get some paint in new hues. Although I have close to zero experience of picture painting, I'm grateful I'm a dab hand at colour mixing after my craft painting years and so knew which would be good additions to the basics. I'm looking forward to getting some bigger paper and brushes so I can try creating the images in my head, but in the meantime I'm grateful for journey of discovering acrylic paint, the density and intensity etc,  I'm always up for an adventure... even (or maybe nowadays even especially) one sitting down. I give thanks you can paint over the top of a wash without the under colour coming through, and that if like me you're inclined to drop whatever you're holding, paint on top of an under colour that you didn't mean to be there can be swiftly removed as well.

I give thanks for Jenny talking me out of going to the knitting group at the library this afternoon. She didn't really, but she's a sympathetic and supportive way of conversing so encouraged me to go along with not going along for no good reason other than just not being in the mood. I had nothing else to go into town for and the cost of taxis or effort of walking and waiting to bus in the wind and rain just tipped me over the edge of indecision, but I'm grateful I did some knitting of Bob's jumper anyway (and I'm sure he is too!)

I'm grateful I just rustled up an apple and cinnamon Eve's pudding for a spot of late afternoon comfort food. I'd be happy to share it with Rachel but she's on a sugar free diet at the moment. Shame...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics