Sunday 10 July 2016

Net result

I give thanks for a good day at the office - completely lacking in attention to paperwork and surprisingly quiet too. I had mentioned to a neighbour I would be Watching Tennis but doubt that hint had anything to do with it...

I give thanks to Mr Tesco for making me cauliflower cheese for lunch which meant I could just heat it and eat it and not have to miss too many points...though I ate so much I did doze off at one point afterwards when there was a bit of a lull in the action and I wasn't in danger of falling of the edge of my seat... and of course I always give thanks for a nap! I give thanks for the generally good natured and good mannered nature of Wimbledon as a whole. and a pleasantly unfraught final finals day. Well done Mr Murray for your excellent tennis, and Mr Raonic for your smiles even in defeat... 

I've been grateful there's been more coverage of the wheelchair draws this year too, but my most particular thanks is for the most delightfully laid back and jolly mixed doubles pairing ever gaining a fairy tale trophy today. That one half was another Brit was good for the sporting patriots and I've always had a soft spot for those taciturn Finns - though this one clearly hasn't read the taciturn section of the manual! Actually I saw him lose the boys' final live some years ago and I think Miss Watson has the most heartwarmingly enthusiastic mother ever, so my sentimental money was always going to be on those two...

Meanwhile I give thanks for sewing a fine seam or three, after some rather unseemly grovelling on the carpet cutting out. I give thanks I'm sure one day I'll have a bigger table...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics