Thursday 7 July 2016

Not bothered

Feeling very mellow and can't be bothered with much this morning, I gave thanks I didn't have much I needed to be much bothered with anyway. I give thanks it was a peaceful few hours on the terrace and I could just potter around with bits of this and that in between reading a few pages of my book. 

I give thanks for eventually realising as I did need to go out, and that going out would stir me up a bit, stirring myself to go out would be a damn fine thing. I give thanks the weather got a bit finer when I did and that I live in such a fine place in many ways for stirring up good humour.

I give thanks for gossiping on street corners with menfolk of the area, and turning a corner onto the seafront and seeing Julie who I've not had a face to face natter with for months, but funnily enough had a bit of a virtual chat with for the first time for months just the other day. 

I give thanks for all the virtual chat I've had lately, but real (with the right people) is best. I give thanks I know it isn't nice not to chat with someone who doesn't feel right but keeps wanting me to, but if I wanted to talk to someone and they kept giving me minimal answers and a tight smile and hurrying off I'd be mortified and stop, so I don't know what else to do...

I give thanks to neighbour Keith for tidying up the gull scattered rubbish of the people who only leave their bags by the communal bins not in it. It's clear whose rubbish it is from the contents...I'd be mortified about that too, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics