Tuesday 19 July 2016

Special assistants

I give thanks for an acupuncturist who brings me good things to eat, and does the washing up while treating me well according the the precepts of Chinese Medicine...

I give thanks for a helpful person to person talk to an anaesthetist about dire pre op warnings,rather than doctor to patient...especially as it wasn't person to person but via the magic of the internet while he was on his hols. Really appreciated Mr C!

I give thanks for a clearly somewhat alternatively orientated man agreeing to dialyse with a portable machine in a camper van in a variety of hospital carparks this week so that people could see how easy it could be to not be tied to one place to do it...if you have a camper van of course!

I give thanks for the associated western medical professionals at the event quickly getting the hang of the fact it's my kidney that's failing, not my brain, and that they could use proper joined up talking to talk to me!

I give thanks for bus drivers getting their vehicles and passengers from A to B with reasonable good humour and reasonably on time...

I give thanks for my legs and feet carrying me in between - the pavements were long and hard today!

I give thanks for clean water to drink and to get clean in...and clean sheets waiting for me to slip between - early tonight I'm thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics