Friday 15 July 2016

Back straight

I give thanks for beautiful Bude on TV last night. There's something about the lie of the land, the sweep of the sea and the quality of light there that speak to my soul, but I'm grateful I don't actually get to visit very often as it always seems a piece of my heart gets left behind when I do.

I give thanks for lots more recuperative sleep and for feeling my immune system's getting the better of whatever's been troubling it. For eventually getting out to get a few essentials done, and resting between the clouds and the tourists with a takeaway tea to hand. I was very struck today by the reflections on the slicked sand after each wave retreated but I'm not sure if any of the photos I took captured just the right moment in time.

I give thanks I've finished one front of my new cardigan. Another front is started but left to take with me when I knit at the library as it's small and transportable, and the sleeves are done apart from fine tuning the heads to match the armholes when they're complete. So you could say I'm on the back straight now...this is a metaphor for more than knitting.

I give thanks for a money off voucher so lots of extra Tesco groceries in my delivery, including new special kinds of ice cream. Special as in renal friendly? No, special as in putting a smile inside my mouth when the outside of it's a bit down turned and droopy.

I'm feeling rather low and lonesome tonight, and not really in the mood to listen to neighbours being sociable, so I give thanks I'm also feeling laid back enough to abandon the washing up and other chores and snuckle my weary self back into the comfort of my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics