Wednesday 6 July 2016

Miss match

I give thanks for sleeping well within clean sheets and an early paradiddle or two. If you're not sure what it is you'd better look it up or you may have completely the wrong impression... I give thanks for the sunny start to the day and a deep male voice somewhere near by singing the first line of 'Oh what a beautiful morning' in their garden or through a window or door, possibly ironically but passably in tune. I've no idea who...and as I was wearing little but a smile at the time I didn't lean out to see if I could see...

I give thanks the noises I like least in the neighbourhood being less frequent the last few days.

I give thanks for a man from a utility company coming to consider the task of adding another one here. Given his furrowed brow I give thanks I'm not planning to be paying! I give thanks when he said they put all customer's name in a draw and would I like to nominate a charity to receive a donation if my name was picked I thought to say Kidney Research as he said no one had said that before. If they wanted nominations for employees to pose for a charity calendar I'd have put him down for months 1-12 I think...which I give thanks I know is probably a politically incorrect statement but given my opinion of most mature male's appearance not a misdemeanour I get the chance to make very often...

I give thanks for some good tennis matches being on at a time when I'm good to sit and watch them.


I give thanks for this (to me) rather pleasing collection of objects in a corner of a cathedral visited a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics