Friday 1 July 2016

Times table

Um... I give thanks for the times my tablet is working, which seems largely a hit and miss affair these days...and I don't just mean my fingers thinking they've hit the right places but missed...

I give thanks for the times when the neighbours are considerate and community spirited. I even saw one of them putting cardboard in the cardboard recycling bin yesterday... 

I give thanks for the times I haven't felt pain, for the times I haven't felt sorrow...for the times it wasn't raining in Wimbledon when I felt like watching tennis...for the times when watching tennis felt like fun and made me forget all the stuff that's not...

I give thanks for the sunlight bright on leaves against the dark grey sky...for a just right cup of tea...and a couple of just right things to iron - soft cottony dresses so satisfying to smooth the wrinkles out of...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics