Thursday 14 July 2016

Blue light

I give thanks for taking my weariness to bed last night while there was still some blue light in the darkening sky...and for waking up when there was just a hint of it in the lightening one this morning. I hope I was quiet creeping around so early making a cuppa and fiddling with my still orange lit new hub but, if not, well tough..I was trying to be considerate which is the best any of us can do. When I'd fiddled and the light was still orange I was quite grateful to go back to bed and to sleep with no internet, to be honest, as I've that fighting off a bug feeling and, for all its wonders when it's working it's still one more thing to be bothered by...

I give thanks for Tiger Balm and Paracetamol and earplugs - but not necessarily in that order. For deciding some vitamin C would do me good as that's an excellent reason to make pancakes! For talking to a cheery chap who had oop north has his first language about what fun it can be to deal with people's broadband connection problems. I give thanks experience working in a call centre gives you an opportunity to briefly bond with those who still do...

I give thanks for being philosophical about the news the exchange fault should be fixed by Monday...and for tentatively reconnecting when the light turned the longed for shade of blue...only to receive a call straight away afterwards saying 'You've a problem with your broadband you know!'

I give thanks for snoozes and taking it easy. For neighbourhood noises ensuring I didn't sleep all day...and a little patch of quietness now suggesting maybe I could fit in one more little nap before teatime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics