Sunday 24 July 2016

All things considered

I give the thanks the dead car outside my window has gone, hopefully to a happier place where dead cars go...I'm just happier it's no longer there and I'm sure the other car owners on the block are too!

I give thanks for feeling morally and intellectually superior to the folks holding forth in the cool morning air the other side of 5 am and down the road a little... a poor pay off I know, and one of which I'm not particularly proud.

I give thanks for a leisurely later morning, with everyone around either sleeping or creeping around with their heads in their hands... for a spot of Greek salad for lunch while watching a Swedish TV drama very quietly...and then having no compunction at all turning it up much louder when loud music started up near by! I've sometimes been told I should be less considerate of others' feelings but actually I reckon the best way to position change would be to be suggest being more considerate of my own. I've noticed I feel more indignant if I feel I'm doing all the consideration, so once in a while...without venturing into territory I consider less than worthy, I'm experimenting with allowing myself to give a little less so that when I feel I'm receiving less I feel better about it. 

I give thanks for remembering to finally get round to finding the adblock button on Opera. And for remembering it might be a good idea to get round to ordering a new TV box before my Sky package runs out too. Searching for the first made searching for the second so much more pleasant...despite awareness it will be the same juggling bare wires in a hole in the back as with my Sky box as both leads have long lost their connectors.

Then I gave thanks for swapping my 'Who is this calling from an unknown mobile to my home phone on a Sunday?' frown to a 'Hello Clive, yes of course you can come and visit' smile...and a few minutes after he'd rung off making the connection and sending a cheeky text back to say 'And please will you put a new end on my TV aerial while you're here?' And for finding an end so he could do... and for being able to offer strawberries and cream and some joss sticks for Sally in return. All things considered, I give quite a lot of thanks for today!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics