Tuesday 13 August 2019

Cinco

Reflections of light on dark water are one of my favourite things so I'm grateful I live in a good place for that with strings of coloured bulbs over the stream with its little weirs, and sometimes the luxury of the moon reflecting onto the sea.

I give thanks for some interesting dreams lately including one where I was staying with a rich aunt and uncle in Canada and she flew to Japan one afternoon and then came back and asked if I'd like to go. There was too much waking up between dreams last night so I give thanks for managing to wake up the last but one time in time to get one of the last on-the-day doctor's slots. You know how I love to fill my non dialysis days with other medical stuff so I went to the opticians first to see if some darker prescription lenses would help with some of the symptoms...

I give thanks for remembering everything on my mental shopping list, and for keeling over for a nap almost as soon as I got home. Didn't even make a cup of tea! For Jo making me one on the last leg of the day when I was on my last legs...

Sometimes it rains and sometimes it pours, I give thanks for appreciating both the irony and the universe's pun when I arrived dripping at the surgery to discover I have cataracts and need to see an optitian... For abandoning my new negotiations regarding ESA deductions and preparing for my upcoming PIP farce assessment to very slowly make some easy tea, and watch fancy dressed pram race contestants trotting past on the street below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics