Wednesday 21 August 2019

Trece

Call the cops! I give thanks for discovering this not very appealing sounding programme actually combines a favourite genre (real life police work) with the pleasure of seeing places you know on TV. The lack of resources the local force have to service such a large geographical area is horrifying and I give great thanks they don't all give up and change jobs or go sick with the stress. Even if everyone in the area gave up crime there'd still be plenty for them to do! It also explains why I normally only see a patrol car dashing through past my window on its way to somewhere else...

Hmm...what else to be grateful for? Well I give thanks I was back on the unit to catch the last day ever of a member of staff who was widowed a few months ago and decided it was time to face the fact you don't know how much time you've got, and to do some of the things she meant to do with her husband. She was one of my favourites so I was rather sad to see her go though but I couldn't fault her choices. I also give thanks I didn't hear until nearly home time that whatever Monday's tests did or didn't show I must go for a CT scan the beginning of next month. As you can imagine alarm bells are ringing very loudly right now...but I do give thanks I have a lot of practice at this kind of situation. Also, of course, if it's really bad news I they have to give me some PIP!

I give thanks for having rather more energy and less pain since I came round after yesterday's delights, and though there hasn't been time to do anything particularly jolly with this bonus I did manage to go to the shop for pesto and whip up some assorted leftovers to go with pasta swirls, and do a load of laundry...which are exceedingly practical and useful tasks. As I feel if my time here is going to be limited I should crack on with doing the flat, I give thanks for stripping off some more wallpaper too! It makes the place look worse but it's so astonishingly easy to remove (despite being woodchip!) it's a way of progressing that's not too tiring or messy for me. Ah if only I could reach the top bits though,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics