Thursday 8 August 2019

Cent

Ooh much less typing for today's post title... My fumbly fingers are grateful for that! I had three attempts at dialling the right number for Collect+ customer service this morning so I'm also very grateful I was on my mobile and the calls were free in my pay as you go 'rocket pack' allowance. (Gee, I wish it came with a free rocket pack!) The last parcel I allegedly had delivered to one of their stores never turned up and resulted in a month long battle for a refund, so I didn't fancy trying that one again and picked the only other one in the area with a bus stop nearby for the service that leaves from across the road. When I received the email to say it was ready to collect however it was waiting at another shop altogether, far less accessible to me, so I'm hoping they will do what they have said they will and send it to my chosen collection point... Oh and it's actually there when I go as well of course!

I'd booked bad weather for a lot of staying in for deliveries today but the main one couldn't be delivered after all so although that was a tad annoying it was also great not to have to be on alert from 7 am to 7 pm! Then the one I thought was coming this morning turned out to be coming this afternoon so I gave thanks for a great reason to stay in bed. Even after an early night and a not very early waking up I still felt ready for lots more rest, waiting for the aches and pains to subside a little.

I give thanks for coming across a complete set of ink cartridges for my printer last night when I was looking for Sticky Fixers. I'd completely forgotten I had those - plus I found the Sticky Fixers too!

I give thanks for the sudden urge a week or two ago to send my son a small financial surprise...and that in his words its arrival was 'very fortuitously timed' as well! For having a financial surprise of my own today - a bill for well over £400 I thought must be a mistake but turned out not to be. It's for insurance I thought was included in the service charge but isn't, and for last year's too as the last owner didn't pay. Why am I grateful? Well, because I have the funds to cover it of course, though I obviously it's not going to be without a sharp intake of bank balance breath and a sigh of regret over other plans now shelved, especially with the threat of benefit cuts on horizon. Sometimes I give thanks for all the pleasure of foods and drinks and hobbies and holidays a kidney patient has to go without anyway...


I give thanks for spotting this rather lovely shrub in the drizzle earlier earlier buying milk and a gluten free brownie for Clive coming round. For him bringing some picture rail for one day in the distant future when I get to that bit, and an extra long shower pole made from a length of wardrobe rail so the screen has gone and using both bath and shower will be a whole lot easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics