Wednesday 7 August 2019

Quatre-vingt-dix neuf

Along the road between the hospital and the place I live are many pairs of mature trees that to those of a whimsical disposition might appear to be reaching across above the traffic to kiss or touch hands. I give thanks I am of a whimsical disposition! For noticing this as I often do on the drive home and it reminding me of last night's dream during which I was snogging someone I used to know and with whom I particularly enjoyed taking part in this activity!

I give thanks for starting to feel a little more human yesterday evening and again this morning although the treatment session left me feeling rather wan. For beginning to get to know a few more members of staff and for seeing a few whose conversation I enjoy today including the chap who lost a patient last week. As I was in a side room again (woohoo!) I got a chance to ask him if it had affected him and to express the fact that it had affected me. I've managed to reach quite a great age without seeing someone die before and it was very sobering. He said obviously in his varied nursing career he'd seen it quite a lot but it still got to him every time.

I give thanks for the relative peacefulness and privacy of the little room, and for the internet working so I could catch up this interesting documentary I've been meaning to watch for a while...

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/george-clarkes-council-house-scandal

I give thanks for remembering when I got indoors and was wondering if I could possibly find the energy to go out and buy a tub of coleslaw for my tea, that I had already bought some yesterday on the way to catch the bus, wondering if I could possibly find the energy to go to a supermarket then and get some...and remembering a deli in the market hall who had lovely creamy homemade stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics