Tuesday 20 August 2019

Doce

Oh my goodness I give thanks that is over! My PIP assessment that is. Of course it's just one obstacle on the course but it a particularly important and taxing one. I give thanks for an extra bad night last night (with renal symptoms, not worry) so I felt and looked pretty grim which hopefully will help my case. Also the assessor didn't arrive until well over an hour into the appointment slot, I had a good long  chat with Kate the kidney advocacy officer as we waited which meant I was already ready to lie down in a darkened room before she arrived. We talked about both relevant matters like the tricks of the assessors' trade plus ways in which her organisation could help me improve my quality of life, and irrelevant things too. You would think we wouldn't have much in common but we found we shared a surprising number of interests and views, plus horror stories about growing up in dysfunctional families which was especially welcome right now. I give thanks by the process was over I was beginning to turn into zombie woman before their very eyes...

I give thanks I hadn't planned anything else for today, because after the gruelling grilling and physical tests I shuffled along to my bedroom with arms outstretched for balance, groaning slightly and trailing my fistula dressing. I thought a bit of Netflix might be pleasant but that proved taxing so I watched the walls instead until I fell fast asleep. I give thanks when I woke I felt better than I have done for a while, not least due to the relief. Obviously there are more difficult things to deal with - the latest ESA problems, the electric company muddle and the nervous wait for medical test results but one off the to fret over list is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics