Friday 23 August 2019

Quince

I've been talking to strange men a lot these past few months, and a strange phenomenon I've noticed is the conversational subject most of them seem to enjoy best is...themselves! You may ask them questions, make appreciative comments etc, but they mostly ignore anything you say about you except for perhaps a brief interjection to steer the dialogue back to the monologue, or maybe point out where you are going wrong regarding your world view and opinions. (One of my drivers is so convinced he's always right that I secretly call him Mr!) I give thanks for this insight into other's minds, and occasionally a private chuckle over the fact, although I'm listening, it's mostly to the way they say it l, not to what is being said.

I give thanks for an unscheduled visit from Rachel today as all the ones we tried to schedule didn't come to pass. For a good long catch up chat with someone who sees the humour and beauty and mysteries in the world, as well as sharing food and an acupuncture treatment, of course. Also for not replying to all the people over the years who have asked me if I 'believe in it' with something along the lines of 'No I just like to spend my £s month after month on something that doesn't exist'! I give thanks for feeling better after my treatment whether it it works or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics