Thursday 15 August 2019

Siete

Last night I gave thanks I'm not supposed to drink hot chocolate as, when you send your mug flying, chamomile tea is much easier to clear up! For managing to get several hours sleep (hurray!) only not consecutively (booh!) For thinking my big delivery was coming this afternoon so I could stay in bed late trying to wake up...and being able to open the door via the entryphone rather than go down in my nightie when they turned up this morning instead. For being able to heave the heavy boxes out of the way down the hall until someone can get them up the stairs for me. I'm grateful, due to carnival madness, this won't be happening today as I needed a day spent mostly lolling around on the sofa, and not having to talk to anyone at all...


Despite nasty pain again did have to go oop street for something earlier however, and hobbled via the carnival field. I must admit I was impressed, there was something for everyone, even me in the shape of old local photos like these plus a guy playing incongruous electric mandolin covers on the second stage in the tea tent. He had a very full backing track and, taking pics of pics, I wasn't really paying much attention to his part until he strummed his thumb across the strings at the start of a new song and my head whipped round the display board. What was that new sound in my ears? An electric harp mandolin apparently. I give thanks for learning something new! It wasn't as spine tingling a moment as discovering the theorbo, but that's in a whole different league being many sizes bigger and having half an orchestra full of strings! If you like a bit of base with your baroque here's a couple of examples...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUcGD4rRRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDnUij5Iry0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics