Friday 9 August 2019

Uno

Gee but it's great to be back home! I give thanks although it was a long day at the office, for me personally - apart from problems getting comfortable during treatment - it wasn't a particularly bad one. The taxi driver who picked me up has done so once before, and that day she'd been in an accident before arriving so I'd thought that was why she was so stressed. However this time I realised that is her natural driving state and traffic jams (on any road not just the one she's on), mud, puddles and bushy hedges, meeting a car coming the opposite way on a narrow lane, and anticipating all of the above set off a stream of words like 'nightmare' 'horrendous' and 'unbelievable'. I was grateful for being able to make her laugh a few times to break the tension, and also that she decided to let the Satnav take us on an allegedly quicker scenic route. Honestly it was so scenic I'd have taken my camera if I'd known - lush leafy countryside with a wonderful variety of trees and delightful grand designs style converted farm buildings here and there. There's no one likely to drive me around these days likely to take on a journey like that and I certainly couldn't walk there any more so I just tuned out all the anxiousness and fretting going on beside me and just bathed my eyes and soul in fifty shades of green!

I give thanks for the management lady advising the building's owners are in the wrong regarding that insurance bill as the money, as I thought, is supposed to come from service charges, and she is trying to sort it out. Ooh and for trying Bonne Maman lemon madeleines...as they are very nice indeed. For Asda delicious lentils - which do exactly what they say on the packet and for deciding to go Spanish for the next hundred posts which reminded me of this gem I must remember to take with me if I ever get to a desert island again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vsCD-1TX6c They'll have to fix my renal anaemia first as it's one of those tunes that just has to be danced to if you possibly can...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics