Tuesday 13 March 2012

No arm in it

Good morning everybody, how are you? It's foggy again here but not so bright and I think above the low cloud is higher cloud not sun. That's fine, I'm not going anywhere - even out of bed (unless it's to get another cup of tea) seems a challenge too far though I would like to upload a couple of pictures I took yesterday on my camera so maybe I'll stir as far as the laptop in a bit. I give thanks for my comfy sofa bed as I did a little painting in the bedroom late yesterday afternoon and left everything in there in hopes I'd do a little more today before the nurse comes. Gratitude too for the pretty cut down to size 'Oriental Sin' duvet cover which makes an old throw look extra comfy and cozy.

I give thank too for doing that little bit more painting. It's getting really hard to push myself now and even though I always go that bit further than I think I possibly can, my body is making it very clear that even the discomfort zone has limits! There's a serious skirmish going in between drugs and bugs at the moment and I've promised myself that if I just put that second coat on this morning I can do very little between that finishing and my Reiki tomorrow so that they can get on with sorting it out. Of course my 'very little' is often more than the average car driving coach potato but whether I'm kidding myself on this or not I do tend to feel that being relatively energetic for an ill person keeps me relatively well for one...and being a relatively solitary one means I have to be so best to believe that anyway!

Now just after I finished writing that paragraph I had a call from the nurse to ask if they could come tomorrow instead of today as they are really busy so that's blown the big lie in tomorrow before Reiki... but it does mean less head and clothes changes today so all well and good really. I'm also extremely thankful they let me know in reasonable time much better than waiting to the end of the day...

Gratitude for getting out and meeting Heidi and Ivor yesterday, lovely to see them and very thoughtful of them to remember that I might like to go somewhere we could sit outside for our lunch. I am, as they know, a great fan of doing almost anything al fresco and it was such a beautiful spring day.


I stuck my arm out of my living room window yesterday morning to take this without Sky dish, window frame, terrace etc but without actually being able to see through the view finder I had to wait and see if it worked...


And just a couple of minutes later it looked like this. At first I thought it was a different angle as they look so different but when I uploaded them and looked properly I could see I had actually managed to get my arm in pretty much exactly the same place.

1 comment:

  1. They look exactly in the same spot to me, but I bet if you tried to do it purposely you'd be miles out! Haha

    Have a lovely restful day, with a little exercise thrown in getting your cups of tea!

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics