Saturday 31 March 2012

Properties

Hello folks. As Bob explained I arrived home mega tired having had little sleep or even relaxing rest for over a week and though much is in my head waiting to be said on here or elsewhere much dossing is much more important! I'm still rather sore especially when moving around but all in all astonishingly well so soon after such a major procedure as a radical cystectomy. Frequent tears of wonder and joy that the local man for the surgery is also the national lead(ing light) in enhanced recovery for urological operations. More on that later.

Made my first cup of tea myself earlier... Gratitude for bone china mugs and 'proper' tea! Gratitude for my pretty flat welcoming me home...you come up the unadopted road to the terrace and think 'what is this dump?'...you walk up the drippy mouldy stairwell and think 'yuk!' and then you come through the door and think 'wow!'. For comfy sheets and pillows, cushions and throws. For the kind of food I like to eat. That the weather is less spectacularly summery so I'm content to be flat bound for a little while. That Avatar is on C4 tonight. I've been meaning to see that film ever since it came out. What excellent timing!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Gabi, as you say, you will not mind being flat bound, cos according to Yahoo, the weather is due to be dry here, but not very sunny or warm till (Tuesday being the only wet day forecast)at least Easter Sunday.
    Hospitals are not the best places to try and sleep in, so you should be getting better by leaps and bounds just by being able to eat, drink, sleep and watch what you like, when you like. C
    Might drop off in front of Avatar myself tonight, catch up again soon till then, stay safe warm and happy Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear your back home, your flat is sounding like just the kind of place to be at, when your recuperating,

    I love bone china too, and think even good old Tetleys tastes better in one! Haha.

    Take care (it really is good to have you back)
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics