Monday 5 March 2012

Day off

I had to go out today. I don't just mean there were things I needed to do in town but I also needed to be outside as I hadn't gone further than the front door since Thursday and it was so foggy then it was hard to tell where I was! Yesterday I wore myself out trying to get some decorating prep done and fell asleep after my tea, so I ordered a little sunshine for today and ordered myself to abandon all but the most necessary chores and get out there while it was still shining...and I'm very grateful to myself for doing so! There was a bracing and nippy wind but if you could find shelter from it the sun had some real warmth in it and the sea was so brightly sparkly that for the first time this year I wished I'd worn shades...

I'm grateful for all the lovely spots there are around here...for the two beaches with their different purposes and personalities and for all the well placed refreshment providers and seats. For the friendliness and sense of community, always someone to say hello to which is a precious treat for solitary souls like me. For still being able to potter about sometimes even if only once in a while for a little while...and for a nice long snooze on the sofa after lunch when I got home. I am so lucky to be able to rest and I give thanks for no interruptions and infusions either to facilitate this. Effectively I've lost the second half of the day by spending some of the first outdoors strolling around...but it's an issue of quality sometimes isn't it, not quantity? I've had a couple of off days lately, finding it a struggle to keep the plates spinning and the spirits up and although I could think of all kinds of remedies I couldn't have, I could give myself a 'day off' so I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics