Friday 9 March 2012

Baggy fit

For some reason my body clock has been keeping hospital hours for a couple of weeks now and I've been dozing off before what I (and the TV schedulers) consider bedtime and waking up before full light. Today I managed to get back to sleep again before making myself some tea and cinnamon toast...mmm...love cinnamon toast!...and had been enjoying a cosy lie in before realising one of my connectors had sprung a leak and I had to get up and strip the bed and get the washing on. There are many things I won't miss about my nephrostomy and the various places it can leak are one of them... To be fair the kit I have now is better than the standard one fitted at hospitals which includes a connection between two tube ends not actually designed to fit together at all and which have to be taped together. I kid you not! Nephrostomies are stuck in a backwater of medical technology and no that is not a pun! I give thanks to Manfred Sauer for coming up with the (somewhat) more user friendly arrangement and, perversely it may seem, that I only have one kidney because to be honest two of these contraptions at the same time must drive you up the wall!

I give thanks also for remembering to look up when on city buses yesterday and seeing the decorative brickwork under the guttering of a pub I used to live near but which I'd never noticed before...and a very topmost bud of a magnolia tree beginning to open and show its pinkfulness.

And...before sleep overtook me catching up on some recorded TV. Gok Wan's Made in China and the first episode of a series about behind the scenes Venice...both very good. The latter reminded me of a stay in Venice when I woke up to the sound of builders outside the hotel and looked out of the window to see their boat version of a van being unloaded. Suddenly the intrusion was picturesque and interesting, ha ha! Gratitude too for the armchair travel permit that is TV and internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics