Wednesday 27 June 2012

Bumming around

After a rough night with bodily ills and mental misery I've been revelling in a bit of a Waynetta Wednesday. I've been sleeping in the living room as I've been trying to get a bit of skirting board in the bedroom painted and though it's not actually in the way of any bedroom processes, the rolled back carpet is. So today, when I'd finally woken up enough to attend to my mail and personal maintenance and pull on some clothes and lightly sand and apply the last coat...I could not be bothered to remake to sofa bed properly and just lounged about on a roughly arranged pile of covers and cushions. Shock horror! My mother would turn in her grave I'm sure. My son however might notice anything was actually awry. Is it a generational thing? I'm caught in the middle if so for sure!

Other delights of the last twenty four hours or so include...

*A police helicopter executing a very impressive static hover over the town and glinting in the evening sun

*Some rather tasty fruit and nut muesli from Lidl

*That I finally got to see Dustin Brown play tennis. (This sentence works just fine without the last two words)

*Feeling I've been being useful doing some reviewing for Cancer Research

*Feeling I've done something passable to decorate the plain side of the first kitchen chair pad. Not perfect...but who do you know who has eyes in their bum?

5 comments:

  1. A very nice paisley shape Angel, can I ask, will there be more than one dotted about on the underside? Bottom no, but have been accused of having eyes in the back of my head, young persons not knowing about mum's intuition, being able to look straight ahead, and actually having almost 180 degree vision and able to see the tongue out, the cause of a few unexpected telling's off. Just wish I had known about the rabbit ears fingers that appeared behind my head in photographs though.
    June near it's end, past the longest day and just where is summer, and St Swithin's day is when exactly? Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just the one Pat... St Swithin's is 15th July I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep it would be, and just my luck for it to rain, the very day I'm taking part in the Race for Life in Truro! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't mind you getting a free heads up for a worthy cause Pat but less of the 'just my luck' attitude on here, if you please! It's funny but people hardly ever seem to be referring to good luck when they say that do they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Angel, wasn't meant as a moan, just my sense of fun not transposing. Pat xx

      Delete

Web Statistics