Friday 1 June 2012

Box of frogs

Actually it was a box of mini screwdrivers from ebay. Nothing wrong with that except I'd ordered a box of mini picture frames and even if I stick four of them together at right angles they won't really do the job! The seller only has the two items and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume someone somewhere who ordered on the same day is wondering how to undo screws with a small square of wood moulding. Still pretty mad though! The package was smaller and heavier than I'd expected but I thought the frames weren't quite what I'd imagined from the photo/description. Been known to happen with an internet purchase afterall. I sent him a message straight away and await developments and... picture frames.

Never mind the new sheet set that came looks lovely and jumped straight in the washing machine to take away that funny smell new bedlinen always has. Funnily enough I was just about to put a load on eco wash. I give great thanks for my washing machine, the water and electricity and all the chaps who've plumbed it in in various locations over the years. That's you Peter,  Clive and Jared if you're reading this...the others I KNOW won't be so they don't get a mention...

I give thanks to George Lamb for making me chuckle over my Tesco sag aloo and pilau rice last night while others attempted to make fancier fare. Oh and I give thanks to whoever it was in the Tesco factory for making my tea! 

Also for this chap's stunning designs which made me go ooh!  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18206702. I was hard pressed to find a jolly news story even in the 'low down' headlines today, disheartening tales abound...and comments. Top tip for the day: don't ever read news story comments. So many people so full of hate...makes it hard not to feel it too. But when I went to do the washing up I came up with a great housework tip instead: take your specs off! Works a treat...everything looks lovely now. Forget rose coloured!

I'm grateful for different difficulties to deal with today...good to have a variety, I think. These were more of a social nature and heaven knows I need a lot of practice there. I don't do disappointments well so the more opportunity to do better, the better I think, don't you? I'm grateful I can carrying on be a whingey cow home alone without bothering anyone!

I'm grateful for the sound of the rooster crowing across the way...especially as it wasn't at Dylan-esque break of dawn! Love hearing chickens and ducks. I'm grateful for Co op Fair Trade chocolate caramels and a couple of episodes of Nothing to Declare I'd not seen before.

PS. And that I had a message from the ebay seller telling me to keep or dispose of the screwdrivers and he'll send the picture frames right away! If anyone needs a little green plastic screwdriver or two let me know...

1 comment:

  1. Angel, now I tried that with the washing up recently, but having to rewash things with the next load, because I'd missed a bit of egg between the prongs of a fork, not good! Yesterday read somewhere on the yahoo pages about a 70% and above dark chocolate study that had been done in Australia, eat 100grams daily for 10 years and less likely to have a heart attack,now as much as I like dark chocolate, how can anyone come up with an answer like that? Now as a lover of Green & Blacks could you be part of a similar study? probably finish up hating chocolate. And having dozed away during the Andy Murray match, you missed the 'Drama Queens' antics as described by Virginia Wade. Hope you have a good weekend Angel, me, I am going to hibernate with some dark chocolate and plenty of Red Bush. Fish and chips tonight as a kick off. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics