Saturday 16 June 2012

Rowing against the flow

Well, the acupuncture was good for my soul but my body needed much resting yesterday. I didn't wake up til ten and was grateful I had nothing to do, taking two or three hours to get properly up and dressed during which time I had a message from Peter suggesting he came over in the late afternoon on the way back from his dentists. We went down to look at the waves which were not very wavy by then but good to be closer to nonetheless. There were little wavelets still curving spray over the rocks at the base of the headland and the edge of the carpark we were in, but the tide was turning and a couple of the rowing teams took their boats out into the channel where the current is really strong and fought against it for a while apparently just for the exercise before moving sideways to the gentler flow and disappearing from view back up river. I give thanks for having my cobwebs blown away to work up an appetite for a tea of gorgonzola and pear and walnut salad (recipe on request!). I know Peter is fond of crumble so I suggested he make one with the rhubarb I had and he did! Mmmm, multiple thanks for good food and company and making and eating food in company. He even did the washing up so when he left about ten I could go straight to bed. Very luxurious...

Last night Clive also confirmed that he was coming over today. (Yes my friends are indeed like buses!) We'd originally thought chips on the beach might be nice but it's not the best of weather for that so I offered to make us some lunch here. I was lying in bed wondering what I could create with what there was in the flat and when I went to make my morning cuppa I 'found' the little bowl of cooked potato chunks left over from last night. I'd deliberately done too many and as soon as I saw them I thought they will go very well in an omelette with some chopped peppers and onion. So much gratitude for my foresight whilst preparing a meal for two last night that was already a menu created by a subconscious urge to buy the 'wrong' cheese...sometimes you can actually see the method in my madness! I give thanks for the times when it is abundantly clear you can rest the oars and go with the flow not strenuously row against it....they always make me polish my glasses and look for more...

I am very grateful for my friends. I feel very blessed that sometimes people actually choose my company, especially those for whom I don't have to try to be company if you know what I mean. I'm sure you do...this is normal life for most people isn't it? Or so I'm led to believe...

Oooh, and I almost forgot...I give thanks for ion and grumpy's lists of ways to 'Mock the big 'C''. If you know what I'm talking about you know where to look...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    Great to have friends and visits from them...so...the cheese choice, must have meant to be! I love crumble, but I have to have custard with it!
    Catch you later....(bit dull here, and no sea to see, but loads of puddles...nearly as good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had Green & Black's organic vanilla ice cream....excellent combination!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics