Thursday 21 June 2012

In the bag!

I give thanks for giving up on 'putting my bedroom back together' yesterday evening as instead I made a spinach and feta fillo pie and went to bed on the sofa just after 8 pm with cop chases and Julian Clary and a bowl of lemon curd ice cream. Tesco had a special offer on if you bought two of their Finest and they were out of the other one I chose so I'll have to eat more of this one (sigh!) The cosiness of this scenario was much enhanced by the sounds of teeming rain so I give thanks for that as well.

I'm all for a bit of constructive giving up, as I've said before. There's a hierarchy of 'right times' to do things and if you're attempting something at the lowest levels of this, and have the luxury of trying again when auspices are better then don't beat yourself harder or beat yourself up...make a tactical retreat to bed with ice cream (or whatever seems the better option at the time). Save your teeth gritting stamina and perseverance for when it really matters.


Regular readers may remember I 'gave up' on remodelling a shopping bag not long ago. Well, I'm grateful I didn't throw it into the bin in a hissy fit....because I had another couple of sessions at more capable times and produced this. Actually looks better than the original in my humble, but crucial, opinion...as well as functioning better. I like using my sewing machine as, although the prep might be a bit of a struggle when I'm actually sewing it I can feel just like the person I was before so many bits of me went wrong.


I give thanks for a comfy night and a long lie in. For reclaiming my sink and kitchen work surfaces from under the debris of yesterday. And giving my washing up bowl a scrub. White vinegar and bicarbonate of soda...comes up a treat! I give thanks for my trusty washing machine for tackling another load and for the Co-op's eco laundry liquid which smells nicer than their eco powder and is easier for me to use. It even fits down beside the washing machine.

I'm grateful I've remade the sofa bed and reclaimed the bed one and washed my hair which is a surprisingly energetic activity I can tell you! I've had numerous breaks between these pursuits to preserve enough get up and go to get up and go to the doctor's and for acupuncture shortly and am very grateful I have leftovers for my tea so I can lounge around again when I get home!

1 comment:

  1. For a split second I thought 'Cop chases and Julian Clary' was one programme! Well, you just wouldn't put the two together would you? Haha,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics