Thursday 28 June 2012

What Mr Cale said

I've been giving thanks for all the weather changes. It's so easy to dismiss changeable weather as being all the same...but hey, you know what J JCale's views on the subject were and I'm with him! Thick fog rolled in last night...gradually the hillsides and sea glimpses disappeared...I love the feeling of close mystery it gives you, of the familiar being so transformed. Then in the night we had lightning and thunder and I woke up to the windows wet with rain. This morning it's clammy but not cold and the low cloud is bright with sunshine behind it...could go either way! I'm grateful that whatever it does I will experience first hand as I've acupuncture to go to later...

I give thanks for making my double bed and the single one in the lounge. I give thanks for the strength and the sheets and covers and for having the choice of two resting places...and I give thanks for the resting on one afterwards! I'm grateful that my neighbour upstairs had company last night but didn't play loud music, shout, scream or throw furniture around and that the drummer boy across the way started early as he hasn't been playing so much of late and I'd been thinking he might have a new hobby/girlfriend/injury/home. He IS good...Carol would be inspired I'm sure.

I also give thanks for the instalment method of tackling all tasks that can be tackled this way. I seem to be managing a few more, or more taxing instalments of late but the rests in between are still much required and appreciated...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    Great when neighbours appreciate that they have neighbours! The 'drummer boy' would be very inspiring for me!
    Glad that you have many resting places!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics