Monday 11 June 2012

Hard copy

In response to my own comment about seeing somewhere you love in the media...maybe not if it's labelled as somewhere else. In a story on the BBC news site about Dawlish they had a picture of Teignmouth instead. If you looked closely...and knew where to look, you could have seen me waving out of my window and pointing down the coast!

I give thanks today for putting my new bed sheet set on my bed yesterday afternoon. Wow...sheets are so much easier than duvet covers. I want some more now! My hands have been very painful and unco-operative today so I'm grateful because I did the job yesterday ie. it's done, but also because the bed looks so inviting now. I'm grateful I managed to resist climbing back in until bed time.

I give thanks that Clive phoned me yesterday afternoon and I knew it was him even though I don't currently have caller display on my landline, and he hadn't said he would. How did I know? Because he'd been on Facebook not long before complaining he was bored! I'm not complaining, ha ha! I exchanged communication with more people yesterday than I often do in a month or two. How strange! I'm grateful nonetheless...

I'm grateful I've filled in pages of forms to explain to the DWP why they weren't informed my health was deteriorating....Because you'd already been told I had terminal cancer, duh! And everybody thought that was why. I would cross my fingers that they'll be benign but they hurt too much today for that. I give thanks that my rather poorly printer allowed me to photocopy everything I've said, so that I can say exactly the same again should need be! And I give thanks that I managed to make cauliflower cheese in instalments during the sessions by the machine. Lots of sitting down in between required but neither the photocopying nor the cooking minded that at all. Gratitude for the paper and ink, the cauliflower, flour, milk and cheese...and mustard!

3 comments:

  1. I looked really hard to try and see what was 'wrong' with your picture, but I wouldn't have known it was Teignmouth and not Dawlish, maybe I'll get to visit one day and see for myself? Now that would be nice :)

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lynn, it would be lovely! I was really only posting the puzzle for locals. Teignmouth folks are usually a bit snooty about Dawlish so I'm not at all surprised the Beeb quickly changed the shot.. It couldn't possibly be the Dawlish crowd who complained...could it? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teignmouth sounds great, I would never have know of any mix up. Really crap at geography!
    Printer not working....talk of cauliflour cheese....you do know that printers eat ink???? Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics