Monday 4 June 2012

Beyond compare

I give thanks for waking up in a peaceful place with nothing to rush for so I could rest some more.

I give thanks for finding an email already waiting when I finally stirred...

I give thanks for brilliant tennis during the afternoon and evening yesterday..the sort where you can't help vocalising your astonishment, admiration or dismay. Or sometimes actually applaud. Or is that just me, who claps on their own at home in front of the TV? Who cares...loved it anyway!

I give thanks for the ice cream colours in the sky afterwards. Blueberry, peach and clotted cream... and was grateful for the little gaps in the heavy cloud this morning sprinkling sunshine sparkles on the surface of the sea.

I'm grateful to Jan for saying she'd have a go at making the ear rings I would make if I still could. I would have bought the beads from her at beadaholics so this way neither of us is missing out!

I'm grateful for finally getting washed (including my hair) and dressed. I know I don't have to but I like to you know, though it seems a challenge sometimes. My GP assures me I'm meant to feel feeble but I'm sure I didn't feel very much weaker when my anaemia was considerably worse. Ah, the curse of comparisons. I'm fine enough and I'm grateful for the luxury of being able to do these things and in my own time too...

And I give thanks to Ann for updating us about how her son Tony is doing. How hard it must be for her and all his family and friends. Tony was one of the people I 'met' when I joined Cancerchat to talk about my feelings about dying. He was one of those who, at that time, was thought to be more well than me. Carole was another. Of course one knows the ways that life and death transpire are rarely 'fair', but people so loved and precious moving ahead of really rather dispensable me in the queue seems especially poignant and sad.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh Gabi, I clap away like mad, and there's been plenty of "oohs aahs eees Nooooo, Yessss!! in my house today!! even Derek watched the Murray match with me, and also thought he was a better commentator!! haha,

    I'd like to also say how much Tony and his family are in my thoughts too,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel,
    There is no such thing as a queue in the supermarket of life, if there were, there wouldn't be anyone actually rushing in front of you to take the ticket from the delicatessen counter before you could raise your hand. How can you even think of the word dispensable, you are equally loved and precious to a good many of us, so lets have no more of that.
    Your sense of fun, humour, the turn of phrase, makes daily reading of your blog a joy, I clap and laugh out loud at what you have to say often. Warm and sunny here today, so worked in the garden, don't think I can get the tennis, its probably on one of the sports channels.
    Will have to wait for Queens and Wimbledon. Love and hugs Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics