Thursday 1 February 2018

Holiday

My get up and go has gone today so I give thanks I didn't have to! I give thanks I didn't want to desperately either, come to that, though I had a potential schedule of pleasant and planned activities in and outside the home.

I give thanks for not feeling particularly ill or fatigued, nor in mental or physical pain, perfectly willing and capable of getting snacks, doing essential chores etc, just utterly disinterested in doing anything else except curling up with a book. It's so rare I have the urge to do nothing, rather than the urge to do something I can do nothing about, it's been a really rather delightful change. My mind's been saying it needs a break for weeks, so maybe it engineered the lethargy. I can't go to the holiday but the holiday came to me!

I give thanks for relative cosiness, as far as it ever is here in winter, especially when you can't be bothered to wrap yourself in multiple clothing layers...for plenty of reading material, and a jigsaw in the kitchen to toy with while I waited for stuff to cook. I give thanks I have stuff I really ought to do tomorrow...one could make a habit of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics