Thursday 15 February 2018

Praise you

I give thanks for taking it easy today. I'm still enjoying in retrospect yesterday's muddy trudge... I give great thanks I have a friend who understood the need, who understands underneath the scars, surgical appliances and life blighting conditions there still lurks the remnants of an adventurous spirit. The place we went is such a favourite but impossible to get to without a car now I can't trudge far... I always say it's substitute Scotland and the rain and wind just made it more so. It also made it impossible to take pictures so you'll just have to believe me...though I could have got a snap of my slice of homemade gluten free carrot cake complete with candle when we got back to the car!

I give thanks for attending to various chores nonetheless, including dealing with various emails regarding the need for a written assurance we will be paying our share of an unspecified sum for 'cost effective' roof repairs to a 'high standard'. I think a written request that they follow the correct legal procedures as per quotes etc is in order. There's one thing about getting older - you weren't born yesterday! But first I had to make myself some proper food, and clean up the place a little...and of course attend to the rather overdue business of opening my birthday gifts and cards.

I give thanks for people's thoughtfulness and generosity...and patience with my tardiness over this!  For Laura coming round with more flowers and a card and some friendly chat. For a smidgeon of creativity and a good flollop on the sofa with a sarnie for my tea...

For hearing that Praise You cover I always forget who it's by... Though the original is a long time favourite too. I remember the first time I heard both of them and the surprise and delight of my ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics