Sunday 11 February 2018

All I Have To Do is Dream

I give thanks for Co-op Loved by Us Fair Trade Earl Grey tea...especially the first cup of the day if I manage to get it back to bed to drink before it drops from optimum temperature!

Despite a complete lack of enthusiasm, I give thanks for being able to do some cleaning and tidying in short installments by treating myself to even more pointless activities in between. I've a viewing tomorrow and must do what I can I suppose, though the concept of actually selling the place seems crammed into my bulging mental 'Impossible Dreams' folder now.

And talking of dreams, I have a recurring where I go back to work in the market. In last night's version Barack Obama, wearing legwarmers, had set up a stall opposite mine which I found a surprise both while asleep and on waking!

I give thanks for the close harmonies of the Everly Brothers. Any kind of harmony is good of course, and even a cunningly placed discord here and there. but there's a quality to theirs that has been enchanting me for as long as I can remember.

I give thanks for anything that's stopped me remembering tomorrow's blood test. It's such a painful and protracted palaver for any of the practice staff to get into any of the veins they're allowed to...but I guess stressing about the procedure saves stressing about the result.

I give thanks for the flowers Laura brought me still looking rather lovely some weeks down the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics