Tuesday 20 February 2018

What a difference a day makes

I'm not sure I ever remember waking up quite so half asleep as I did today...I give thanks a message that John, Jo and Dan were on the way arrived soon after and made me hurl myself out if bed and into action...

I give thanks for making some rather nice experimental 'unfairy' cakes without the various banned deliciousness I like in a cake like chocolate, nuts and dried fruit but with the permissible glace cherries and candied peel. I give thanks I've tracked down the superior sorts of these that have a flavour other than simply sweet, and organic vanilla paste which is as different from that cheap stuff in a little bottle as can possibly be.

I give thanks for a sunny afternoon with some of my oldest chums, who insisted they had no idea my latest birthday had been my sixtieth but made me cups of tea, trimmed my hair, vacuumed the carpet and took me out for a late lunch at one of my favourite local spots to make up for failing to behave in a suitably celebratory fashion on the day!

I give thanks for a new series of 24 Hours in Police Custody. Sure I like watching some fictional detectives some of the time but real life procedural I find completely riveting...and the first episode has a stranger than fiction twist too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics