Wednesday 28 February 2018

Fire

I give thanks my sense of taste and appetites remain undiminished. For the constant mental challenge of thinking of what to eat I'm allowed to....that should help keep dementia at bay! I'd already decided on porridge this morning, and I give thanks for coming up with the idea of having it 'plain' but topped with some jam I bought a while back which hadn't impressed me enough for toast or crumpets. It's perfectly fine on porridge!

My hands being sore after all that stitching, I give thanks for eventually struggling into my big coat and boots (and I do mean struggle!) and going out to the big recycling bins...and then to sight of the sea. Wind nearly blew me over a couple of times, and of course I'm grateful it didn't, but I also enjoyed the thrill of feeling the power of its tug...

I give thanks for a large late lunch, including double helpings of pudding. A couple of times lately I'd really have given thanks for central heating, but when the switch on my big living room heater broke this afternoon I could wheel the little bedroom one in instead, and was grateful for mobile, if less impressive warmth. I figured I could maybe buy a replacement in town here but I couldn't face going out again or the challenge of getting it home if I did, so I gave thanks for an a bowl of extra calories. With a hot water bottle and a quilt and I was soon cosy...and fast asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics