Wednesday 31 January 2018

Every day

Every day I give thanks there are people who have good things going on, especially people I know and of a similar generation, because it's easier to be able to imagine their particular personal pleasure. I think it's wonderful that they can still have a sense of purpose, a future to make optimistic plans for, new material gains to make and enjoyable experiences to savour, as well as relative wellness and wealth of course. It makes me smile to think of all the creature comforts that surround them.

I also give thanks for most of them most of the time don't have the slightest inkling how lucky they are, they genuinely can't grasp what it's like to be without the good fortune they take for granted. To reach the latter half of your first century with this incomprehension intact is a treasure of the western world, like the innocence of childhood, and every day I hope they never ever have to face more than a little rain falling in their lives...and that they always have an umbrella!

Once in a while I come across someone who tries to think outside their own little bubble of consciousness, and I give thanks for one of those who has the opportunity to do something I would so love to, but can't, and shared their news with an acknowledgement that it would make me envious and sad. It would be so good for me not to mind all the things I have to leave behind...but I'm not really an angel and I've a way to go to reach that state of enlightenment.

Meanwhile I give thanks for getting through the day, though very tired and rather sore. I give thanks for my neighbour being out a lot and only shouting a little when he came home. For the rain not coming in roof hole. For managing to open a can AND a jar, and do a bit of chopping too so I could have a tasty pasta. For being able to lightly run a vacuum around some of the floors, and hang some laundry on the rack. In my world these are things to be grateful for, not everyday occurrences on the way to the bits that matter. I don't expect you to understand, but thank you for popping by to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics