Saturday 27 January 2018

It will pass

I felt like a kidney patient today so I give thanks that's still a fairly rare occurrence! I give thanks I had a viewer this morning so I had to get up and bustle about and go out in the rain, not lounge about on the sofa until later. I give thanks not much mess has landed on the floor since Laura's quick hoover the other day so I could avoid doing more, and when all my tat was stowed away the place looked pretty spick and span - I would much rather loll around when everything is neat and tidy!

I give thanks for the murkiness which meant for a while I was the only one at the cafe with my cup of tea and toasted teacake... For some extremely over optimistic surfers. There was nothing remotely like surf out there at all...but they provided some mild amusement to passers by as they hung about trying to look like they didn't care.


I give thanks for spotting this patch of violets by the path...

I give thanks for snoozing with a variety of recorded TV including something with some fashion historians analysing, discussing and trying to recreate a dress from a painting. I wonder if in future fashion historians will do the same with the styles the presenters wore in the program. And here we have some vintage TV footage from the early part of the 21st century. Note the prevalence of statement necklaces. What drove these women to choose these items? Take this one that looks like a giant chain...is the wearer referencing her enslavement to fashion?

I give thanks I have so much fun with my crossword compiling software. Since having to re-register publishing puzzles so other people can enjoy them has been a bit problematic though, so I give thanks one of those is sorted at last. A 'tricky quick' to while away a few minutes with maybe?
https://crossword.info/happiness_squared/18TQ1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics