Thursday 18 January 2018

Golden shred

I give thanks the swelling's gone down and I've regained some ease of movement in my wrist. On the whole I wouldn't recommend a stroke, a stoma and surgery on your one good arm...unless you also have a lot of patience and a great sense of humour too...

I give thanks for also being able to notice and appreciate even the littlest bits of brightness like a shaft of weak sun illuminating a tiny shred of peel in my hard won morning marmalade on toast. It loked so much like real gold I had to check it wasn't a foreign body.


I give thanks I don't need dialysis to keep me alive yet and could devote the last few days to attending to other vital processes...including recovery from rather more close interaction with rather more strangers than is comfortable for me. For a long soak in the bath without getting my wound wet, a first attempt at hair detangling and finally getting dressed and outdoors for a spot of sun before the drench of rain. For the sharing some light hearted banter with helpful folk at the doctor's and hospital (by phone) and in the pharmacy in person. They all seemed in such a good mood today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics