Sunday 17 June 2012

Fringe benefits

I give thanks for a great afternoon with Clive yesterday...we particularly had a laugh with one of my ex-alopecia wigs which I had a feeling would rather suit him. And it so did that he took it home with him for fancy dress/amusing friends and family. It was always my favourite because it just looked like hair...not a hairstyle... I'll be wanting it back if my hair falls out again!



That's what it looked like on me...





...and this is what it looked like on him!









He did some little jobs for me about the place and I was going to do some mending for him on the sewing machine but he forgot to bring the things! So when he left I had a bit of a session catching up with some sewing jobs of my own along with a few rows of knitting my cardigan as I watched the tennis. I've done both sleeves and the back now and started on one of the fronts.

In the evening I heard from someone who was looking for some pebbles for her garden that it was a good time to pick up the ones that someone else no longer wanted today. I was very grateful I'd been able to help reorganise ownership of same and looking forward to seeing the participants in the process but the pebble seeker called the whole thing off this afternoon as they are not as big as she hoped and I was left with the feeling, wrong or not, that others were feeling I'd done something wrong. It's easy to think in situations like that that it's best not to try to be helpful, but I think the trick is to try harder, don't you?

There is a plus side for me in that I was bustling about later last night and earlier this morning than normally I would be, getting necessary things done even if it turned out some of them didn't need to be! I give thanks for that, and also the very unnecessary long soak in the bath with the first pages of Muriel Spark's autobiography which I found in a second hand book shop the other day and took a fancy to. I'm grateful I've been able to finish my latest letter to Kostas and write this post (at least twenty percent of words of which have had to be retyped as my fingers are very unco-operative today) and win another fight with the printer which I fear has lost the will to print! It also means I could watch the final of the tennis which I hope will prove entertaining...and prepare for tomorrow when I'm going out to meet someone else (I think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics