Monday 25 June 2012

What's the point?

Today I give thanks for a great trip to the doctor. No, I've not suddenly become fascinated by the state of my health but I was pleased to be able to get a double slot on a day the lovely Dr Chowdrey was duty doctor (she's booked a couple of weeks ahead otherwise). My joints were hurting and by my own special logic this seemed a good reason to walk there...ie. if I'm already in pain, I might as well do something that would cause some anyway plus I had a very sedentary afternoon (or thirteen!) planned...

Anyway, as the sea came into view just down the hill I could see one of those little white half shelter motor boats loitering in the channel beyond the pier. Funny place to stop I thought...then a large and purposefully moving tanker came into view heading into port. My, did that little boat move! I wonder if it thought it was in the nautical equivalent of a layby? Much gratitude for being in the right place at the right time anyway...and for the tanker being an unusually attractive shade of turquoise blue...

The doctor and I had a number of things to discuss and discuss them we did, during the course of which I realised Dr Galli had not merely been diplomatic when he said she was an excellent choice as 'my' new GP. I particularly like her attitude to prescribing medication...'You won't want to take that - I know I wouldn't!' and to TCM (traditional Chinese medicine). Turns out she has trained in Western medical acupuncture and wishes that NHS medical practice gave her time to practise it...so more to be grateful for there. I have some pills to try for one thing and some more on the way for something else now the head of nephrology has had her say, and I give thanks for that...though I'd be much more grateful not to have the things or pills at all, of course!

When I got home I had a bit of lunch, and watched a bit of tennis, and did a bit of knitting, and had a bit of a nap. I woke up from that with no desire to move at all and so I've spent the last couple of hours just lying here doing completely pointless things on my tablet phone. I give great thanks for idleness and lack of purpose...every home should have some!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics