Monday 18 June 2012

Symptomatic

I gave thanks last night for a bath full of rainbow shine bubbles to soak away the toils and troubles of the day

...for the captivating autobiography I'm reading, packed full of the domestic historical detail I enjoy

...and for the two above simultaneously...especial bliss!

I'm grateful that, although I've been finding it so hard to stay cosy in the day, it has been warmer the last couple of nights and I've been able to have my window open while I sleep. I used to find this helped me wake up more refreshed but nowadays I wake up ready for more sleep! I understand the drowsiness is a symptom of my disease and all I can do is give thanks that I have so many opportunities to indulge it. As anyone battling illness knows, there are far more serious and troubling things to deal with that wanting to doze away the day and I'm grateful that although I'm not physically free of pain and irritation I can mostly mentally 'put it to one side'. The tinnitus is the hardest to ignore as it's there when nothing else is if you know what I mean! I've only recently discovered that, according to Chinese medicine, tinnitus is expected when kidney function deteriorates. Western medicine does occasionally make reference to it as an effect of anaemia or blood pressure problems so that figures I suppose. There is no treatment per se of course but I find being by the ocean or a computer fan good substitution therapy for my particular background noise.

I'm grateful that, so far today the sun has been shining and the sea and sky mostly blue. I'm off to meet Judith who will take me up to where she lives on Dartmoor. Haven't been up there for a while so looking forward to the outing. I'm also delighted she's also agreed to stop off at Argos on the way where I have reserved a couple of small items...a new cheap phone to replace the one I lost the other day and one black proper Epson printer ink cartridge just in case the elderly and non-Epson ones I'm using are to blame for the current problems I'm having. They were fine for years....but one has to suspect 'years' in that statement might be the clue to the problem...

As it's not raining torrentially nor blowing a gale, I plan to take one of my slow walks down to the station so I had better get a move on before the bustling about with pre-departure chores rendered me ready or another rest! May you all have as pleasant a day as your circumstances and state of mind allow. May you be well, may you be happy, may you be at peace.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,

    Just seen your blog it is beautiful and so inspiring and also brings a tear to my eye.
    The reason I am contacting you is because I am so privledged you wrote about my son Kavan in january this year. He is little Kav -Man from got to Dance. I am so happy he brought you some joy.
    I would love to keep in touch and sending you a huge hug

    Caz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Caz! I'm privileged you enjoyed my blog enough to comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. take care, thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics